SITI Summer Intensive at Skidmore College
The dates for SITI's 2014 summer intensive are May 25 - June 21, 2014. Applications are now closed. Please visit Skidmore's Summer Theater Workshop page for more information about the program!
SITI Workshops in New York City
Spring Training: A two week intensive for Intermediate and Advanced Students
Mondays - Fridays, May 12 from 12-3 PM; May 13-23 from 10 AM – 1 PM
The Class: The Spring Session is a combined Suzuki and Viewpoints class open to students with intermediate or advanced experience with Suzuki and Viewpoints. 20 artists will be accepted to participate in the workshop. The application deadline for Spring Training has passed. We will send notifications of acceptance by Friday, April 25. Thank you!
- We believe in the centrality of the ensemble in our methods. The rigorous vocal and physical training, as well as the shared journey and group dynamic, are vital to the success of every session. To that end, we urge all students to respect their instructors’ and fellow students’ time by coming to classes prepared, on time, and ready to fully participate.
- May 12-23, 2014. Weekdays, Monday – Friday.
Cost of Workshop:
- The full tuition for the two-week workshop is $425. You can choose one of two payment options:
- Option A: Pay your full balance by April 28 for a discount of $25. Click the button below to make your payment. Please note that you must submit both your application and your payment before your application will be considered.
- Application Deadline: Monday, April 14
- Early Payment Discount Deadline: Monday, April 28
- Acceptance Notification**: Friday, April 25, by email. (**Please note: International applicants may request early acceptance notification, in order to allow time for visa and travel arrangements; please note your request in the application email)
Payment/ Refund Information:
- After your application is processed and accepted, you will have an opportunity to pay the balance online or in-person on or before the first class by check or credit card. If you do not pay your tuition balance in advance, it will be due on the first day of classes, Monday, May 12. We accept credit cards, personal checks, traveler’s checks, or money orders. No cash, please.
- The staff and faculty review all applications, and participation is by invitation only (not first-come, first served). If you are NOT selected, your deposit will be refunded in full. If you ARE selected to participate, but then withdraw, your deposit is non-refundable. A $10 fee will apply to any returned check.
- Contact Vanessa or Megan via phone at 212.868.0860 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SITI Company members periodically lead drop-in classes for artists who have previous training with SITI Company. Drop-in classes are held on Saturdays from 11 AM – 2 PM at the SITI Studio (520 8th Avenue, suite 310). To register for a drop-in class and/or be added to our drop-in class mailing list, please e-mail email@example.com. SITI is currently considering potential dates for Drop-In classes in Spring 2014 and will publish updates on this page when they are available.
At this time Drop-In classes are only open to participants who have prior experience studying training directly with the SITI Company to allow for accelerated sessions. We value interest in the training from new students and hope to add more sessions open to a wider range of experience in the future. If you are interested in these future classes, please send us your contact information and a brief description of previous experience you have with the training, if any, to firstname.lastname@example.org. You are also encouraged to apply for our Summer Intensive, which takes place on the campus of Skidmore College each June and welcomes all levels.
Sign-up for drop-in training sessions is on a first-come, first-served basis and is capped at 25 participants per session. You may also simply show up for the Saturday training; however, due to space limitations, we strongly recommend pre-registering so that your space is reserved.
Each session costs $15. You may also purchase a package of sessions for a discounted price. Details about packages for 2014 will be posted soon. We are determining our spring drop-in schedule and will post it on this page when it is finalized. Please e-mail Megan at email@example.com for more information.
To keep updated about SITI’s programming and opportunities we welcome you to sign up for our mailing list. You can also follow SITI Company on Facebook and Twitter for frequent updates on the Company's work and educational initiatives. Thank you!