Overview of Upcoming Training Opportunities
SITI offers a biennial Conservatory, training studios in our New York home, a master class series in NYC, a yearly intensive at Skidmore College, and international and domestic workshops. Please see below for a listing of upcoming workshops, then scroll to the bottom of the page for current workshop offerings. This list will be updated as workshops are confirmed, so please keep checking back!
- 2016 Winter Training- February 1- March 4, 2016.
- March Training & Performance Intensive- 2 weeks, March 7-18, 2016. (Deadline to apply: February 19. Apply here!)
- Denver Center for the Performing Arts, Colorado - March 18-20, 2016. Friday: 6:30pm-9:30pm. Saturday - Sunday: 10:30am-4:30pm. (Now accepting applications. Please send resume and headshot to DCPA Education Head of Acting, Tim McCracken at email@example.com).
- May Intensive- 2 weeks, May 9-20, 2016. (Applications open March 2016.)
- Annual Summer Intensive at Skidmore College- June 5-July 2, 2-16. (Deadline to apply: March 14, 2016. Applications now open! )
- Advanced Summer Intensive- Dates TBD. (Applications open June 2016)
- 2016-2017 Conservatory in NYC: October 2016 to May 2017 (Applications are now open!)
SITI has a small but scrappy staff handling inquiries about upcoming workshops. Please feel free to contact us, but please peruse the Conservatory, Master Class, Training, and FAQ pages first, as it might be a faster way to get an answer to your question.
You can also visit us on Facebook or join our mailing list to learn about upcoming opportunities— we will announce confirmed dates for workshops on social media as soon as we can, and following us on this platform is a good way to hear about it first!
Solo to Ensemble: March Training & Performance Intensive
March 7-18, 2016
1-4 PM in addition to outside rehearsals
In this two-week workshop, we focus on applying SITI’s training in Suzuki and Viewpoints to the rehearsal and performance of new ensemble-based theater works. Bring your personal research and artistic interests to develop alongside other theater makers. How does training affect your performance practice? How can individual artists thrive and pursue their own interests with/within an ensemble?
During the workshop, daily training in Suzuki and Viewpoints will ground our work together. SITICompany members will offer feedback and guidance as you develop your work in collaboration with the other Intensive participants. Outside rehearsal time is required. All participants will have free access to rehearsal space at SITI for the duration of the workshop. Showings of new work will occur throughout the two week workshop, and the intensive culminates in a public showing in SITI’s Zeisler Studio on Friday, March 18.
Option A: pay your full tuition of $500 now. (Early Bird discount: Pay full tuition by February 26 to receive a $25 discount off of the full price.) If you are not accepted into the workdshop, this amount will be refunded in full. If you are accepted into the workshop but choose not to participate, your $50 deposit is not refundable, but we will refund the remaining tuition. Click here to pay your full tuition now.