Overview of Upcoming Training Opportunities
SITI offers a biennial Conservatory, training studios in our New York home, a master class series in NYC, a yearly intensive at Skidmore College, and international and domestic workshops. Please see below for a listing of upcoming workshops, then scroll to the bottom of the page for current workshop offerings. This list will be updated as workshops are confirmed, so please keep checking back!
- Oslo Intensive in Suzuki and Viewpoints- May 9-14, 10:30 AM - 3:00 PM. (Deadline to apply: March 13. Apply here!)
- May Intensive- 2 weeks, May 9-20, 2016. (Applications are now closed. More information available here.)
- May Master Class in Alexander Technique with Belinda Mello: May 14-15. Please see our Master Classes page.
- Annual Summer Intensive at Skidmore College- June 5-July 2, 2-16. (Applications are now closed. More information available here. )
- Beginner/Intermediate Summer Intensive- August 1-12, 2016. (Applications open June 2016)
- Advanced Summer Intensive- August 15-26, 2016. (Applications open June 2016)
- 2016-2017 Conservatory in NYC: October 2016 to May 2017 (Applications are now closed. More information available here.)
SITI has a small but scrappy staff handling inquiries about upcoming workshops. Please feel free to contact us, but please peruse the Conservatory, Master Class, Training, and FAQ pages first, as it might be the fastest way to get an answer to your question.
You can also visit us on Facebook or join our mailing list to learn about upcoming opportunities— we always announce confirmed dates for workshops on social media as soon as we can, and following us on these platforms is a good way to hear about it first!
Upcoming Workshops in NY:
May Speaking & Moving Intensive: May 9-20, 2016
Week 1 (May 9-13): 11 AM – 2 PM; Week 2 (May 16-20): 11 AM - 1 PM
In this two-week workshop, we apply the training methods studied at SITI to the fundamental tools of an actor: Speaking and Movement. In week one, SITI Company member Stephen Webber leads daily training in the Suzuki Method of Actor training, applying lessons from this work to the demands of speaking onstage. In week two, we draw on Viewpoints vocabulary and somatic awareness in a Movement workshop led by company member Barney O’Hanlon.
In addition, SITI will host a Master Class in Alexander Technique with Belinda Mello from May 14-15. Artists enrolled in the intensive are encouraged to apply and will receive a $25 discount off of the Master Class tuition if they enroll in both programs.
Cost of the workshop: The cost of the workshop is $500, payable via PayPal, check, or wire transfer. (Pay your tuition balance by April 25 to receive a $25 early bird discount!)
Deadline to apply: Friday, April 8, 2016 at 5 PM. Applications are now closed. More information is available here.
Information For Accepted Applicants:
Please pay your remaining $450 tuition balance here: pay your tuition balance of $450 now. (Early Bird discount: Pay full tuition by April 25 to receive a $25 discount off of the full price.) If you are accepted into the workshop but choose not to participate, your $50 deposit is not refundable, but we will refund the remaining tuition. Click here to pay your tuition balance now.
If you have not paid your deposit, please pay your full tuition of $500 here: If you are accepted into the workshop but choose not to participate, this deposit is non-refundable. The remaining $50 tuition will be due by or before the first day of class. (Early bird discount: pay full tuition by April 25 to receive a $25 discount off of the full price.) Click here to pay your full tuition now.
Please send questions to training(at)siti.org or call (212) 868-0860 x104.