Overview of Upcoming Training Opportunities
SITI offers a biennial Conservatory, training studios in our New York home, a master class series in NYC, a yearly intensive at Skidmore College, and international and domestic workshops. Please see below for a listing of upcoming workshops, then scroll to the bottom of the page for current workshop offerings. This list will be updated as workshops are confirmed, so please keep checking back!
- 2014-2015 Master Class Series: Spring Viewpoints Workshop with Anne Bogart, May 5-7, 2015 (Please click here to apply)
- Spring Training in New York City, April 6-10, 2015 (Applications are now closed; notifications were sent out on Friday, March 20. Please click here for more information.)
- Bangkok Workshop with Arts on Location, May 8 - 24 (Applications now open.)
- Madrid Workshop with Vertico: May 25 - June 4, 2015 (Please click here for more information or e-mail equipo(at)vertico.es for more information.)
- 2015 Annual Summer Intensive at Skidmore College, June 7-July 4, 2015 (Applications are closed; SITI expects to send notification by April 20, 2015.)
- 2015 Summer workshop at Falmouth College, Cornwall UK, July 11 - 26, 2015 (To apply, please visit CPR’s website.)
- NYC Advanced Summer Training (Applications open June 2015)
- NYC Fall Studio- 7 Weeks, October-November 2015 (Applications open August 2015)
- 2016-2017 Conservatory in NYC: Fall 2016 to Spring 2017 (Applications open December 2015)
SITI has a small but scrappy staff handling inquiries about upcoming workshops. Please feel free to contact us, but please peruse the Conservatory, Master Class, Training, and FAQ pages first, as it might be a faster way to get an answer to your question.
You can also visit us on Facebook or join our mailing list to learn about upcoming opportunities— we will announce confirmed dates for workshops on social media as soon as we can, and following us on this platform is a good way to hear about it first!
NYC Spring Training
Monday, April 6 - Friday, April 10
10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Cost: $325 (pay by March 23 to receive a $25 early bird discount!)
The Class: The Spring Training workshop is a class combining Suzuki Method and Viewpoints training. This is a mixed-level workshop, appropriate for artists with beginning, intermediate, or advanced understanding of Suzuki and Viewpoints. Artists will train in Suzuki and Viewpoints each day as part of the workshop.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 13
Notification Deadline: Friday, March 20
Applications are now closed. We sent notifications on Friday, March 20. If you applied and have not heard from SITI by then, please first check your spam folder, then e-mail Megan at training(at)siti.org.
Annual Summer Intensive at Skidmore
June 7 - July 4, 2015
Saratoga Springs, NY
Please visit Skidmore’s website for more information.
About the workshop: Sixty artists are invited to take part in an intensive workshop that includes hard, physical work, theoretical research, and the generation and performance of new work by each participant. The program’s objective is to develop courageous theater artists who are able to integrate into their work new influences from many disciplines. The curriculum is designed for pre-professional and professional artists.
Application deadline (extended!): March 31, 2015.