SITI 20th Anniversary
Sharing Our Stories – The Life of a Company
In 2012, SITI Company entered our 20th year as a nonprofit theater company. Founded in 1992 and led by Anne Bogart, SITI Company was built on the bedrock of ensemble. We believe that through the practice of collaboration, a group of artists working together over time can have a significant impact upon both contemporary theater and the world at large.
Throughout the 20th Anniversary, not did we share stories with our audiences and trainees but we allowed them a glimpse into the life of a company—SITI Company.
- Visit Company Members to learn about our members, including their history with SITI, their connection to the process of creating work, their outside interests and projects, etc.
- Click here to read Anne’s Blog and learn more about her process and thinking.
- Check us out on Facebook, Twitter (@siticompany), Foursquare (@siticompany) and SEE.
Through our performances, educational programs and collaborations with other artists and thinkers, SITI Company will continue to challenge the status quo, to train to achieve artistic excellence in every aspect of our work, and to offer new ways of seeing and of being as both artists and as global citizens. SITI Company is committed to providing a gymnasium-for-the-soul where the interaction of art, artists, audiences and ideas inspire the possibility for change, optimism and hope.
Over the course of this anniversary year, we planned a series of events to celebrate this milestone.
- October 14-15: Guggenheim Works & Process
- SITI actors performed a reading of a play by Pablo Picasso, Desire Caught by the Tail, in conjunction with a Picasso exhibit at the museum.
- November 28-December 2: Trojan Women (After Euripides) at BAM
- December 5 - January 6, 2013: SITI Company members and students participated in Anne Hamilton’s massive installation The Event of a Thread, in the Park Avenue Armory.
- January 26: A Rite, SITI Company’s new work, created in collaboration with the Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Dance Company, premiered as part of the centenary celebration of Stravinsky’s Rite of Spring at the Carolina Performing Arts at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill. Visit our performance schedule.
- May 11: 20th Anniversary Celebration & JAM
- SITI Company supporters and artists joined together to honor 20 individuals who have made the last 20 years not only possible but also an excitingly imaginative exploration of art and ideas. To learn more about this event and the artists involved please visit our event page.