26 weeks | Full time | Total immersion
Listen | Speak | Move | Write | Create
SITI Company core training
SITI Conservatory is a two semester training program for performers, appropriate for students with an undergraduate degree in theater performance or its equivalent. Featuring Suzuki, Viewpoints, Composition and a variety of other classes including master classes with guest artists, the program will culminate in a live public performance created by the graduates and curated by SITI Company.
The Conservatory trains theater artists to emerge with classically trained bodies, contemporary sensibilities, and rich flexible intellects. Designed for independent artists from diverse backgrounds, the emphasis of the training is on performance and the generation of new work. Although open to a multi-disciplinary spectrum of artists, the core training of the conservatory is rigorous, physical, ensemble based work with performer training in mind. SITI Conservatory is not accredited and is not a teacher-training program.
The two semester, 26 week program will run from October 6, 2014 to May 24, 2015. Conservatory classes are held in SITI’s New York City studio, Monday through Friday, 10:00am – 5:30pm.
Class size is approximately 20 students who receive direct attention from the Faculty composed of SITI Company Members and Guest Artists. Full tuition is $14,250 for the academic year. A limited amount of financial assistance, including payment plan options, will be available. Acceptance decisions will not be influenced by a student’s financial need. Please indicate on your Application Form if you will be seeking financial assistance.
Please see our Conservatory FAQ if you have further questions.
Application for the 2014-2015 Conservatory is now closed. Applicants will be notified of acceptance by April 18, 2014.
1. The Application fee is $75.
2. Applicants must have either a BA/BFA, an international equivalent, or possess extraordinary artistic credentials that are considered the equivalent of an undergraduate education.
3. Students must be at least 21 years of age.
4. VISAS: SITI Conservatory will able to host international students with J-1 trainee visas. SITI has partnered with a third party agency and an immigration attorney to assist students in this process. Student visa fees range from $750 to $1,750, plus the Visa Fee of $180. Prospective students should first apply to the Conservatory, and the visa process will proceed upon notification of acceptance. For more information, please write to email@example.com.
5. Applicants who do not speak English as a first language may be required to take a Wonderlic Basic Skills Test.
6. All applicants must submit a complete the SITI Conservatory Online Application.
A deposit of $1,250 is due upon acceptance and can be paid by credit card or with a check and must be included with the signed agreement acceptance. The deposit is nonrefundable and will be attributed to the full tuition amount.
Total tuition is $14,250. The tuition balance (less $1,250 deposit) of $13,000 is due in full 30 calendar days before the first day of class. Tuition can be divided in to smaller payments. Details of optional payment plans will be outlined on the acceptance notification and enrollment agreement. A very limited amount of financial assistance in the form of tuition reduction will be awarded.
Students will receive a full refund of tuition minus an administration fee if withdrawal is before the first day of class. Deposit and application fee are nonrefundable. Students who must, for whatever reason, withdraw on or after September 16 will receive a refund of tuition minus deposit and application fee in the following manner:
• Withdrawal during the first or second calendar week from opening date: 80%
• Withdrawal within the third calendar week from opening date: 65%
• Withdrawal within the fourth calendar week from opening date: 50%
• Withdrawal within the fifth calendar week from opening date: None.
Student will receive a full refund in the case of cancelled program.
SITI Conservatory will able to host international students with J-1 trainee visas. SITI has partnered with a third party agency and an immigration attorney to assist students in this process. Student visa fees will range from $750 to $1,750, plus the Visa Fee of $180. Prospective students should first apply to the Conservatory, and the visa process will proceed upon notification of acceptance. For more information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.